Skip to main content

Hi all,

I've been working on an email tempalte which has a message body fetching a large number of fields from a smart object. On some of them I have "If " statements where I check if they are populated (<>String.empty). Everytime I edit the message body one or two of these fields disappear. I am not sure if they don't save properly or if they disappear on a consecutive edit. 

Has anyone hit this problem before? Is there a limitation to the use of dynamic fields in a message body? 

P.S. My K2 version is 4.6.8

Hi Yordan

I am assuming you are using the Email event and editing the email body to add the fields in. There has been a known issue when using the expand feature (button at right of toolbar to "Open larger message screen") of this wizard to edit the body where fields can disappear, which may be causing your issue.

See http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Context-Browser-Fields-Are-Lost-In-Event-Notification-Message/ta-p/77895

Hi Andrew,

Yes this was the correct location of the issue, but unfortunately it is not limited to the large editing screen. As soon as I have closed the window with the Mail Event some of the fields will disappear. This is frustrating because it is not consistent in which fields disappear. 

In essense I have 6 consecutive "If"s on one line which are to show/hide a set of optional fields from a form. Since I have put a lot of time in setting the rest of the email I would like to resolve this, and preferably not start fresh.