Skip to main content

Symptoms

Fields available for view not consistent with source list

Diagnoses

I'm getting an error when trying to create a new item or update an item due to what appears the column/field that is required at the SharePoint list level is not available to choose from in the fields context area in the form designer. Screenshots show the error and the attempted correction. Specifically, "Budget_x0020_Approver" is the default column shown in the default view (which is the list column that's required) but on the new view it's not an option in the fields to add to the view, only "Budget Approver" and "Budget Approver (Value)", the latter of which I'm using. Setting the actual name in the properties of the field on the new view to Budget_x0020_Approver didn't work either. Why isn't the actual column/field available to add to the form?

BTW - with how powerful your forms can be why isn't this description area rich text? It would make far more sense for associating screenshots to the text describing the situation and allow for bolding/italicizing/etc. I'm sure someone will have to talk verbally with me so the screenshots make sense.

Resolution

From the issue that was found it was suggested that a comparison between the different fields from the default field and new field to be compared to link up the correct smartobject up to the new field comparing the pre-generated view to the new view might have simplified the building process. What was applied instead was the creation of a new view utilizing a copy of the generated one that fixed the issue. The issue with the field name was resolved as well using this method.

Be the first to reply!