Skip to main content

Hi

I am new to Forms and wanted to know if l could possible to the following :

2 document libraries

Employee information

Further information for employee

Have 4 fields :

On Document Library (Further information for employee) where the Nintex form sit's

FIELD 1 : Employee ID (want to enter in manually myself)

FIELD 2 : Auto Populates - Information from Employee information (Employees Name )

FIELD 3 : Auto Populates - Information from Employee information (Office Location )

FIELD 4 : Auto Populates - Information from Employee information (Managers Name )

Hope that makes sense

thanks

yes, it's possible, however complexity depends on how you'd like to use fields 2-4.

if it's sufficient for you they are just read-only fields, you can easily do it with calculated value control and formula based on lookup() function.

if you would need them to be editable, it would be a bit more complex and it would need a javascript code.

Hi

Read only would be fine how would l do the formula with that would l still use a list lookup, also for the first field how do l make that a type box that the users enters the employee ID him/herself

As when l use a list lookup l only get the below options :

How do l make it that a user enters the employee ID

I meant lookup() function, not lookup control

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2013/help/#Forms/RootCategory/Designer/Nintex.Forms.LookupFunction.htm%3FTocPath%3DF… 

213145_pastedImage_1.png

thanks for that, what about the first field l want that as a free text box but to look in a list to make sure the employee ID exist and if it doesn't to bring up an error

it's not possible this way (without a javascript).

what you, however, could eg. do is to place a label or textbox control on the form with an alert/warning message and assign it a formatting rule that will show it if an ID doesn't exist and hide it otherwise.

rule's formula should check whether lookup() function as suggested above returns a valid user ID or not.