Skip to main content

Good day everyone,

I have a super simple form; 7 fields on it, 6 of them are required. The last field is a comments field that is required.  If you complete the form it won't submit because it says the commends field is blank, even when it is not.  It's driving me nuts!

• There aren't any rules on the form
  • There isn't any JS
  • I checked the associated field and it is attached to the comments field

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,

Jennifer

can you post comments field configuration in the list?

you have not used rules/JS, but I've noticed some conditional expression in the form source. so

- have you checked developer console whether there are not reported any errors

- what's format of (current) user name(s)? doesn't they contain some 'dangerous' characters that might break javascript

- can you put {Common:CurrentUser} and fn-DoesMemberExistInAudience({Common:CurrentUser}, "HR Events Managers")  into calculated controls and post how do they evaluate

Can you try the conditions in the other list.I faced similar issues due to some conditions of multiple panels related to dropdown .Everytime my rule for multiple line of text was getting triggered  and it was due to the dropdown rule.Remove the rule for dropdown and check if the things are working .If not then recreate the form and for dropdown use {Self} =='**SelectValue**' your conditions will work

Thanks for the reply!  Here is a screen shot of the comments configuration:

- have you checked developer console whether there are not reported any errors

No i haven't since it is such a simple form, I don't know what could be going wrong

- what's format of (current) user name(s)? doesn't they contain some 'dangerous' characters that might break javascript

They are pain text fields, I am not using any functions

- can you put {Common:CurrentUser} and fn-DoesMemberExistInAudience({Common:CurrentUser}, "HR Events Managers")  into calculated controls and post how do they evaluate

I will remove it all together to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Thanks for the reply; I am not sure i understand...I don't have a rule for the dropdown, it is just a required field.

I changed the field from rich text editor to plain text and now it is working.  Does Nintex forms have an issue with the rich text editor?  For this form it doesn't really matter, but I could see using it in other forms.

Thanks,

Jennifer

thanks for sharing the info.I actually used the multiple line of text as type plain I was not aware about this limitations

it's always worth of  checking for errors in developer console!

howsoever the form is simple, errors may appear. I'm not going to elaborate on tons of reasons.

I meant, what's the exact value {Common:CurrentUser} reference might evaluate to.

slashes, comas, apostrophes, brackets, spaces, etc within the value might fool inline/runtime/javascript functions. (javascript in general meaning, not necessarily you own scripts).

therefore I asked you to examine how do they evaluate within calculate controls

plain vs. rtf shouldn't make a difference.

mandatory-ness is enforced by sharepoint, not by nintex.

so sometheng seems to be going wrong with your form and it  doesn't post a value for comment field.

Today I faced a similar question: although all (4) required fields contained data, the form returned the one error that a field was Required. Only 1 of the 4 required field was not shown (another issue) on the form, although it should have.

In the end I had reorder the items on the form, and ensure the 4th required field was shown on the form in New/Edit mode. Republishing seems to have resolved the issue.

Question for Nintex: would it be possible to mention the field name in these errors??? As a "workfaround" I'll specify a custom Validation/"Required error message" mentioning the field name for each required column.