Skip to main content

When creating an owner task I need to be able to extract and write out the Worklist item serial number.

Note that its possible to e-mail this serial number in the event notification e-mail, and all I would like to do here is store the number somewhere by writing to a smart object preferably.. It seems tha tis impossible?

The reason for this is that I need to be able to reconstruct the custom smartform url with the serial number, e.g. picture a list view where you can

- double click a row and open a detail form and click a button - submit review (that starts a workflow and creates a task)

- double clicking the same list view row after Submit Review will detect the serial number and open a detail form specific to approval abd most importantly be ble to generate a task outcome e.g. a task action

12597i13C195356741B72F.png

I am having trouble understanding your question.  

If your question is can you use the worklist serial number, the answer is yes.

If you want to have an ID for each instance of the workflow, you can use 'Workflow Context' -> 'ID'

The serial number for a particular worklist item is the x_y where x is the Process Instance ID for your process instance and y is the Activity Instance Destination ID for your activity.  For example, 123_78 would be the serial number for activity instance 78 in process instance 123.  Both of these fields are available in the Workflow Context browser (see attached).

Do keep in mind that a serial # is only valid while the activity has not been completed.  Once an activity has been completed, it cannot be accessed again.

14638i7D1AE690FF63DA07.png

This wored well, I now reconstruct serial number  ProcessID _ ActivityDestinationInstanceID

I reconstruct it is I do a smart object method to write it out just before the Task.

and so now I can open up my smart form dynamicaly (from a list double click) and pass in the parameters 

/?_State=Workflow+Task&riskid=-1&SerialNo=992_23 which will enable me to dynamicaly show the approval button that completes the task.

Any thoughts on this, it looks ok in theory. Much apreciate your help.

15756i12CE290880EB0C06.png

I still don't understand why you need to log the worklist item to open the task when it already exists in the workflow server, but conceptually, yes that will work.