Skip to main content

Symptoms

Expression does not work after viewing and saving

Diagnoses

We have a smartobject with a number of Yes/No properties. These properties are mapped to a SQL server bit field that allows Nulls. We have build a read only view for the SmartObject and instead of showing True/False for the values we have used expressions show Yes, No or Empty String. The Expression uses nested IF statements to return the required result.

These expressions were created by another user and have been working as expected. I have edited the view to add an additional Yes/No field and created an expression as above to return Yes, No or Empty string. This expression does not work as expected when the value is Null and returns No instead of an Empty String.

I then opened one of the other expressions to check that I am using the same pattern. After saving and closing the expression, without changing it, this expression now also returns the incorrect result (No for a Null value).

The user that created the expressions originally was using IE10. I am using Chrome.

We edited the expression using IE10, and this time the Null value started displaying as Yes.

Resolution

Bug expanded to include all browsers . Confirmed with QA that this has already been fixes in the next version being released 4.6.10.

Be the first to reply!