Skip to main content

Symptoms

Expose K2 to Internet

Diagnoses

Recently, I have been asked for expose K2 to Inernet(Outside our Domain). I'm not sure if this is possible or not. I need to know if this is possible then, how we can achieve this without any Risk to our Security. If in that case is it possible that we can allow other user to access to K2 forms and action it if they are not under our domain.

Is it possible that we can do Form authentication to verify user identity if not the domain user along with implementing Windows Identity for Domain User.

Resolution

I believe exposing Smartforms to the Internet and allowing for non-AD authentication is possible. Please see the PDF of the KB article below:

http://help.k2.com/files/7540

If you would like assistance in exploring what would be the possible/best configuration to meet your business need and how to make these configurations I will have to refer you to the K2 Remote Services Team.

K2 Remote Services is an additional service offering which can be engaged, for an additional fee. K2 Remote Services gives customers K2 consulting expertise on an ad hoc, as-needed basis. Time may be scheduled in one-hour increments and charged through Premier support credits. K2 Remote Services is provided by phone, web conference or email.

Be the first to reply!