Skip to main content

Symptoms

While working through the K2 Appit Expense Claims Application Tutorial I found a very strange bug. I was working on Part 3:Forms and creating the Edit and New Expense Claim Forms in the form designer. Everything is fine, except the Form is growing horizontally. The form is getting bigger and bigger and the horizontal scrolling bar getting smaller and smaller. I can still see the entire Form, but I have to scroll for awhile to get to the right side where my buttons are.

Diagnoses

Issue:
Bug in Appit 1.1 where views (specifically HTML width elements) in K2 Designer will continually increase in size without end. This is repeatable by following the Expense Claim Tutorial (http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2appit/UserGuide/1.1/default.htm_Tutorials/Expense_Claim_Application/Expense_Claim_Application.htm).

We narrowed it down to a combination of the following:

- A rich text control on a view that's generated from a SharePoint list with a "Multiple line of text" column with "Enhanced rich text" selected. (0:35)
- A list view with a column that has aggregation added to it. (5:30)
- The aforementioned views on the same form. (7:40)

This issue is only visible in K2 Designer and will appear normal on the runtime version of the form.

Resolution

Resolution:
Please try the following as a workaround.
On the view that contains the Rich Text control. Change the Rich text controls width to 400px.
On on the View Initialize rule, Set the Rich Text Control width property back to 100% using the Set Control Properties action.

Be the first to reply!