Skip to main content

Hi,

Very recently, i got error 'ExecuteReader requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed.'  from the K2 Side where i try to invoke workflow from a asp.net code. Once i got this exception in the application logs. I try to open the K2 Mgmt Studio to see the Error Profile.  I got the same exception(s) in k2 Mgmt, Smart Object tester too.  then i checked the db server which is working fine.

The error clear states that its' related to code. when the reader object try to get db objects information when the connection is not available.

any comments on this, how to resolve it.  Is it a k2 bug or what it is!!!!

Regards,

Surya

Hi Surya,

Please start up the K2Server in console mode and advise if it started up successfully.

Regards,
Frikkie

Hi Frikkie,

At the that point of time, i started the k2 in console mode and it able to start with few errors.  After restarting the services in all nodes one at a time.  the server starts working as expected!!!  I guess this is a bug in k2.

Keep posted if i got the same behavior again..

Thanks & Regards,

Surya

Hi

I am also gettiong this error ExecuteReader requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed. we are on 4.7 I see that this article was from 2010 does this problem still exist and if so what is the solution?

Hello Craig,

As this is a very generic database connection/ADO.NET error; it will be difficult to diagnose this issue.  In which context are you seeing this error?  When starting a workflow, when executing a SmartObject, via K2 Workspace? etc.

Hi

we are seeing this in an update process in a workflow

Hi,

This issue generally lies with SQL and High load creating delayed writes.
a Few cases were resolved with changing the command timeout values on the SQL Service instance . (Changing to 300 instead of 30)

Kind Regards,