Skip to main content

Hi all,

Is it possible to execute a smartobject method in a process level escalation.Basically, I have a date thats passed through when the process is started and it's storedin a data field. I want to apply a process level escalation, so that no matter what step the workflow is in, it should escalate on that date and execute a smartoject method.

I can only see three actions it he escalation configuration screen.

Default (doesnt seem to do anything)

Email (dont want to send an email)

Go To Activity()

The Go To Activity seems promissing but  it doesnt work for this scenerio from my tests. I added an activity with the smartobject method that i want to execute. But because there can be multiple parallel activities active, it expires them all, goes to this activity and completes the proces. I dont want it to complete the process, I want the current parallel activities to stay active. I just want the process to execute the smartobejct method and be back to as it was. If it's not possble using wizards, can this be done programatically. What libraries can I use to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

You could try using the "Default" action template, and then use the "View Code" button later on to add in your SmartObject call programatically. 

K2 SmartObject Runtime API: https://www.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/devref/current/default.htm#UsingSmartObjectRuntimeAPI.htm%3FTocPath%3DRuntime%2520APIs%2520and%2520Services%7CSmartObjects%7CSmartObject%2520Client%2520API%7C_____1