Exchange Mailbox Service Broker

Show first post

30 replies

Badge +8

are you able to asssit with getting it to read folders on the same level?

and what was the deal with shared mailbox?  i didn't use that part, nor do i know how

is there any doco on how to use this broker?

@Migaelm 

"NOTE THIS IS NOW AN OUT-OF-THE-BOX FEATURE AS OF K2 5.1"

I believe out-of-box feature refers to Exchange Online service type?

Would you know if emails from shared mailbox (inbox/sent folders) can be read using out-of-box functionality?

Thanks!

Hi  @Robert_Nicholas 

Referring to your post in 2017

"When I use this object as part of a K2 studio workflow, even if I set the parameter to the shared mailbox I want to pull from, it only will pull in my own emails from MY inbox on exchange, not the shared mailbox I want it to pull from...

HOWEVER

When I test it in the Smart Object Service Broker and use the shared email box in the parameters there, it works perfectly. "

You mentioned later that issue got resolved. Please can you share what was the resolution if you can remember?

I have same issue it K2 5.3

Thanks

Badge +8
@kanwarnitin 

No, the out of the box functionality does not support shared mailboxes.  So, at the top where it says this broker is part of 5.1 is incorrect.  

As far as resolving my issue above, I honestly don't remember what I did.  I believe the issue was at the security/permissions level.  As I recall I worked with my exchange admin to ensure that the mailboxes we used had full ownership permissions by the K2 service account.  He had to do something on his end to ensure that.  

Finally, pulling in emails to your smart object is tricky anyway in workflow.   I can show you if you're interested.

@Robert_Nicholas 

Thank you for prompt reply

Since I am able to retrieve emails from shared mailbox in a list view, I thought that Workflow should be able to do it as well using the same SmO. Apparently, SmO behaviour is different when used in a View and a WF. 

By the way, in the SmO setup, only Static authentication method works for me and I have to use username as passowrd of Service Account; ServiceAccount authenication doesn't work - if this gives any clue. Not ideal way of authenticating but for now I'm trying to make this work.

I'd be very interested to know how you pulled email data in WF and how you further processed each item in the list. That would be very helpful. 

Cheers!