Skip to main content

Hi,

This is a service broker which allows you to display Excel sheet content as SmartObject list so we can easily render excel data on Smartform list and also upload table data from an Excel file to a SQL table.  This uses the EPPLUS SDK for which is open source and details are available EPPLUS

This was tested on K2 blackpearl 4.6.11 and the solution was built using Visual Studio 2012.

Hi

a quick question. I don't need the functionality you state above but only need to be able to open an Excel Sheet so that I can update an export from SharePoint into Excel. I have the Excel file setup so that it updates when opened, now all I need to open the excel when an event occurs on a task list. Will this work also?

ExcelDataList view does not show the 20 column i expect (I use default setup). Any help?

The same happens to me.
Have you found a solution?

Not yet

I'm trying to import data from Excel into a K2 SmartObject.  I tried using the 'Excel as SMO' referenced above, but for some reason I keep getting an error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'EPPlus, Version=4.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ea159daa78159a1' or one of its dependences.  The system cannot find the file specified."

This is after I've placed the EPPlus.dll in the GAC, using the gacutil.  

I'm using K2 5.1.  Does anyone know if the Excel As SMO is compatible with K2 5.1?

Have you discovered whether EPPlus is compatitble with K2 5.1 or K2 Cloud?