Skip to main content

Symptoms

K2 Server bulk spammed emails, responding to all mail from my inbox. Need to understand the following. I have specified my email credentials in the EWS configuration during the installation.

Diagnoses

The reason you are getting the emails is because the K2 Server auto responds to all emails sent to the email specified in the EWS configuration.

Resolution

To avoid this, I would strongly recommend creating a fresh account (with an inbox!) and designate it as a K2 Service Account. This is allow all those emails to be sent there and will avoid filling up your inbox.

Once the account has been created, go back into the configuration wizard and click Next until you get to the 'Service Accounts Configuration' screen and designate this new email as the K2 Service Account. You can still use your own account as the administrator. Then click Next and make sure the Exchange Server Configuration is set up correctly with the new Service Account. Hit Next, and make sure the Exchange Integration is setup for the Service Account as well.Lastly, click Next and make sure the 'Use K2 Service account' radio button is selected.

Be the first to reply!