Skip to main content

Hi,

I have created a simple workflow with Infopath client event wizard. In this wizard I have selected

Event notification settings check box. When I start process I'm getting task items but not getting notifications.

And in a Mail event , email can be send successfully. 

I'm not getting what is the cause for this issue. Is there any settings can be done to resolve this issue. 

Thanks in advance....

Thanks,

SayaReddy

Start the K2 server in Console mode, do you get any errors related to MSMQ or the Eventbus? If so please provide details. Also ensure that you have MSMQ installed and configured as per the K2 docs with Active directory integration.

HTH

Vernon

Hi Vernon,

Thanks for reply. I have started K2 Server in console mode, but here i didn't see any errors  related to MSMQ or Event Bus. Here I have distributed environment (MOSS , K2Serevr, SQL Server).

Thanks,

Sayareddy

Hmmm....have you fired a Notification mail while looking at the K2 Server in Console?

Vernon

When I start workflow infopath client event wizard will fire because this is the first wizard in my workflow.  In that Infopath client event wizard I have selected Notification check box. When I start workflow , i was lookng into K2server console mode.................

Thanks,

Sayareddy

Can you enable full logging on the K2 Server and go through the exercise again?

The following link provides a basic how to enable logging:

http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/johnny/archive/2007/10/06/how-do-i-use-logging-in-k2-blackpearl.aspx

In the HostServerLogging.config file, change the following:

key="IncludeStackTrace" value="False" /> change False to True

Attach the log to the thread please.

Vernon

Hi

Double check that the SMTP server for the Event Notifications is set to the correct server.  It actually uses a different SMTP setting than what a Email event uses from the K2 Workspace Environment library.

Take a look at this thread to find where to check it:

http://forum.k2workflow.com/forums/p/11668/34296.aspx

Another thing to check may be if the MSMQ's have been created and if they have some messages sitting in them. (These are located at Public (or Private depending) eventbus

One other trick, you could redirect the email to a file by adding the following temporarily Simply add the following lines to the appropriate place in K2Hostserver.config:

<system.net>
      <mailSettings>
        <smtp deliveryMethod="SpecifiedPickupDirectory" from="someaddress@somedomain.com">
          <specifiedPickupDirectory pickupDirectoryLocation="c:somedirectory"/>
        </smtp>
      </mailSettings>
    </system.net>

and see if the emails are being sent, this coule help identify if this is an email relay issue

HTH