Skip to main content

Trying to build my first K2 app using ASP.NET forms. I have a simple workflow that kicks off a client approval event after the submission form is submitted. Following approval or reject, an email event.

Everything works fine EXCEPT the destination user in the approval step (a client event where they just go to a simple form and click approve/rject) NEVER gets any type of notification the task has been asigned to them even though it has as shown in the Management Console. Event Notification is checked.

If I approve the event manually or by going to the approval form, the workflow continues and then emails are sent so I know the mail server is working. I added the destination user through the object browser. I used the same user for the email event so I know it's resolving that OK.

I can find no errors in any logs (K2 or the windows server). Like I said, everything else works fine, just no destination user ever knows they are supposed to act on a task.

I've run out of places to look for any other ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

Event notifications are sent from the default from address (system@k2.local) and I know that some e-mail servers will block this. It could be that your mail server is marking this message as spam and deleting it.

I would recommend that you change the default from address for notifications in the SourceCode.EventBus.Server.Config file found in {K2 blackpearl folder}Host ServerBin. Change this to some email address that would be valid according to your email server.

After making the change, restart your K2 Server. You also need to go back into your workflow, uncheck the notification checkbox, redeploy your workflow, come back and check it again and redeploy for the change to take effect.

Hope this helps!

Unfortunately, seems to be JUST WFs created by me and deployed to our K2 Server. Other WFs are working and the Exchange Admin sees nothing being blocked by the default address.

I created the simplest WF of start -> client event activity (1 action out) -> email event activity. Set the client even to notify users.

I hard code the destination user in the client event and start the WF manually in the Management Console. I even try just setting a process data field with a single destination user and filling that in when I start the process manually.

When I start it manually, it gets assigned correctly, but NO notification to that user. If we go in the K2 Workspace and approve it, it continues on to the activity with the email event and emails fine. This is a simple test, there's no code.