Skip to main content

I have created the following test escalation processes which escalates the process at the RFI activity using the RFIDueDate datafield to "Escalate On" using the dynamic date and time escalation rule.

Escaltion 

The escalation fires if I set the datafield before hitting the RFI activity, but not if I update the DataField to some other DateTime value.

I want to be able to increase or decrease the RFIDueDate when at the RFI activity and make it apply to the escalation rule is this possible?

For example: the process starts today "30/03/2009 02:36 PM", and it is overdue in 21 days so I set the RFIDueDate to be "20/04/2009 12:00 AM", but just to test to see if the escalation process works if I update the RFIDueDate I update the RFIDueDate to be "30/03/2009 02:50 PM", but the escalation is never fired.

Do I need to update the datafield and add another line that loops back on itself?

Thanks,
Bib

Escalation rules are set only when the item starts.  I do not know your business process, so I can't say if a loop is a way to go.  The easiest way to do it is to calculate the date for the escalation before you enter the activity.