Skip to main content

we want to send reminder emails to approvers only once,

if its not approved then move on next approver

as per image below

i tried checking reminder - 0 times

and then tried uncheck the box

but the reminders will keep on coming, as i have set 1 min reminder for testing, i got 10 reminders in 10 mins,

how can i make it only 'once'

16658i8BA37C7067494BAC.png

Dear , 

From wt i know , wt u do is the right approach , and yes u have to keep the checkbox unchecked , so it doesnt repeat at all ,

if i understood u right , u will have 2 escalations , for example "Email" escalation after 1 min , and "GoToActivity" escalation after 10 min ,

so if destination doesnt Action the activity after 1 min he will be sent an email reminder , and if he doesnt action it for 10 min , it will be moved to next step "Next approver" ,

so i cant see where the issue at by the screen shot , kindly provide more explanation / screenshot hoping to get where the issue is at ,

AhmadYaqub,

Regards.

Hi,

As per my understanding and knowledge.

Create two escalation rules,One for sending email and other to redirect the task to another user/Go to activity.

Dont check the repeat checkbox for both the escalation rules and important thing to remember is to give different time for both the escalation rules.

Example scenerio: if you want to escalate the email for the destination user after 60 minutes of assigning the task and still destination user have not taken any action after 30 mins of sending the email then the task should be redirected to the new user.In this case the escalation time settings will be like

First Escalation rule (Send email) : Escalate after 60 Minutes

Second escalation Rule (Redirect / Go to activity) : Escalate after 90 Minutes.

If you have requirement of using dynamic DateTime for escalations, then you can use  "Functions" and "Escalate On"  to calculate the date and time dynamically.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vijay

thanks i got the idea

my original issue was - i want reminder to be send only once, and it kept coming again and again. so i tried a lot of ways but could not fix it.

will try suggestions shared here, hope it works out

Thanks a ton.