Skip to main content
Hi, hope someone can help as I have to have this working by Sunday night...

In the past I've had escalations working as I'd expected - there doesn't really seem to be a lot to go wrong as far as I can see. However, on returning to a K2 solution after some time of not being involved with it, I'm finding that none of my escalations are working at all. I've no idea when they stopped working - only that they used to, but right now they aren't.

(Bear in mind - I'm under a heap of pressure here, so it could be that I am forgetting / missing something blindingly obvious - I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time!)

EXAMPLE:

I have an activity with a number of events on it which I want to escalate from if nothing's happened within a certain time. To test it, I'm giving it 3 minutes though in reality it would be n number of days.

The Escalation Rule looks like this: (I've tried both Use GUI and Use Code)

public void Main(EscalationRuleContext K2)
{
int Days = 0;
int Hours = 0;
int Minutes = 3;
int Seconds = 0;

K2.SetEscalationRule(Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds,0);
}

The Escalation Activity I've tried as both Expire, and GoTo - the latter going to a step in the workflow which is below the current activity, linked with a line rule that evaluates 1=0 (i.e. always False, as I only want to go there from the escalation).

Whenever I run the process and get to the Activity in question, it just sits there with the first user-based event on it showing as active / available in worklists. It never seems to escalate, expire, move on to the 'GoTo' activity, etc. - even though well over 3 minutes have elapsed.

I've checked Errors in K2 server - nothing there. (I once tried deliberately putting a bug in the Escalation Rule code like an int.Parse("rubbish") - this showed up as an error, so the rule is obviously being executed.)

Running the Server interactively just shows No Clarification.Rule: Completed - (the name of my escalation). It then goes on to execute the events in the activity - it completes the first one as this is all server based, then sets the second one to 'Active' - and that's as far as I get.

Any help much appreciated!
just a shot in the dark here, but have you set up Working Hours on the activity/process/project? Escalations are affected by working hours, so maybe this is what's happening now (being weekend and all). Try to select all working hours, export the process and start a new process instance and see if that makes a difference.
Hi NeilM,

Well, it turns out that yep - setting some explicit working days did kick the escalations back into life :)

It's a bit curious, insofar as we'd not changed anything on that score - everything all up the chain was ticked as 'inherit working days from parent' as it'd always been but for whatever reason that was no longer working.

Anyway, many thanks for your reply it was much appreciated.

Cheers,
NickP