Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a workflow with an approval InfoPath client event. Because we wish to support a deputy solution I create an escalation with a goto activity. This goto build a loop - the activity makes a lookup for a deputy and come back to my InfoPath client event. So far so good - it works - but now I see, that blackpearl creates for every loop a new InfoPath Form.

What can I do to solve this problem?

I'll take a stab at this, though I'm not 100% sure I understand the whole situation.  In your looping activity, make sure the destination rule is set so that it creates only one slot.  I bellieve the default will create a slot for each destination, in your case, each iteration of the loop.  Hope this helps!

I tried this - but it don't work. I limit the number of slots to one - but each iteration still creates a new document library item.

Take a look at the following blog post:

http://k2underground.com/blogs/fromthebench/archive/2008/03/05/a-little-known-infopath-thick-client-trick-no-temporary-xml-files.aspx

This will not work for browser-based forms but could be a good workaround if using the InfoPath client.

Thx Mike,

but I don't have this option - we want use InfoPath browser-based. I know the blackpearl world is much easier if its possible to use the InfoPath client, but for the end-users its much better to use browser-based forms.

In my opinion its a bug, that blackpearl don't clear the temporary stored InfoPath Form when an escalation is fired. I created yesterday a call - but unfortunatly there is no solution (is it a feature and not a bug 🙂

- I have to delete the form by myself.