Skip to main content

I would like to know if there is a workaround or easy way to escalate a workflow to completion after a certain date that is utilizing a "Request Review" workflow action. Thanks in advance.

You can accomplish this, but it is a workaround to the action not having a native Reminder/Escalation method like the FlexiTask does. 

First create a parallel, in one branch have the Request Review action and save the Action ID into a variable.

In the second branch, have a Pause until Due Date, then use the Delegate Action to delegate that task to a specified person.

Nintex.Workflow.DelegateTask1.png

Store Action ID in

Allows a unique identifier for the action to be stored in an Action ID workflow variable. This identifier can be used to link the action to Delegate Task and Task reminder actions. Please note that the Action ID does not correspond to the ID of the SharePoint task item that is created.

Request Review notes

Delegate Task notes

This is great thank you Andrew!

Hey Andrew,

I've been using this workaround successfully to accomplish this but I ran into an issue of the task list deleting the task from the task list once it's been delegated. I've tried searching elsewhere but I can't seem to find a way to stop this from happening or if it is even possible or not. TIA for any help!