Skip to main content

Hi Experts,

I am new to K2 blackpearl and to start with I tried a very simple workflow on a SharePoint List where in I created a new list item in another List if a new item is added in the first List. very simple. When compile and deploy then it deployes successfully. When I add a new list item in the first List then workflow start and show "In-Progress" state but no activity occurs and the workflow remains "In-progress" where as it should be "Completed" after performing the activity. I checked the log and found the following error. "

"1 28026 K2:DOMAINSERVERNAME$ does not have permissions to impersonate user K2:DOMAINirlaa"

"birlaa" is the AD userid. This error is logged in event viewer when I created new list item in the first List. I have checked impersonate checkbox = true in the management Console on "K2 for sharepoint" tab in central admin for user "birlaa" but still getting the same error.

Please help me out as the requirement in my project is critical. Thanks in advance

Regards

Check to see if the SharePoint application pool account for the web application that hosts your sharepoint list is added into the K2 Workspace under Management/workflow Server/Server Rights.  Give that account Administrator and Impersonate permissions and see if that helps.

Hi,

I tried that but somehow in K2 workspace the "Management" menu option is not appearing for any of the user. Can u help me out how to make it visible.

Assuming that the rest of the workspace is showing fine this would typically mean that someone with K2 Workspace administrator permissions has added a user to the Security settings of the K2 Workspace but not specified your account.  Once an account is added every other account would not have access to that option. 

Management console that you have mentioned was not visible. We truncate the table "ActionPermission" and restart the "K2 Server Services" then "Management console" appeared. We have provided the user "Admin","Export","Impersonate" rights. We have also provided all right in the "Processess" folder. But still we are facing the same error  "StartProcessAsyncCallback: ClientException: 28026 K2:DOMAINSERVER$ does not have permissions to impersonate user K2:DOMAINuser"

what are we missing.. ?

I'm not exactly sure but wondering if Kerberos is an issue (is this a distributed enviornment and was K2 setup to use K2 Windows passthrough authentication)?  However, if it was Kerberos there would typically be more error entries in both K2 and SharePoint event logs.

It would be interesting to see if the process would start successfully using the application pool account.  Otherwise unless anyone else has suggestions I'd submit a K2 support ticket to look into it in more details.

Regards,

Tim

Currently, we are having MOSS 2007 and K2 blackpearl on the same server. Requesting to please log a ticket and look into the matter in detail ?

Hi Tim,

Any updates on this please...

If K2 and SharePoint are on the same server then Kerberos shouldn't be an issue. 

Not sure if you were asking that I set up a K2 support ticket for you?  If you were I'm not able to.  But you're company should be able to submit a ticket you'll need to log into the K2 portal at portal.k2.com.  If you don't have a K2 portal account you will probably want to talk to check internally with the people that purchased K2.  If not then contact you're local K2 office.