Skip to main content

Symptoms

I have register 3 wcf services using EndPoint WCF Service Broker. I created three different SmartObjects for each of the wcf service instance that I have registered.
While testing the methods (using So tester utility) of these SOs I am seeing a weird error. All the methods in one SO works fine and when I test the method in the 2nd SO, the tester throws the error saying "Unable to resolve type". If I restart the K2 Blackpearl at this point, the method in 2nd SO works well but the methods in 1st SO (which were working well erlier) starts giving the same error "Unable to resolve type".

Diagnoses

The following situation will result in an "unable to resolve type" error but only in 4.6.6 and prior releases:

When registering two WCF service instances against two different WCF services that would expose different "Object Types" with the naming convention:

1. K2.Workflow.Test1
2. K2.Workflow.Test2

Whichever service instance is executed first (via associated smartobject call), the second service instance throw unable to resolve type error. This is variation of the refresh WCF service instance issue also identified in 4.6.6.

Resolution

This issue has been resolved in version 4.6.7. In general, regarding usage of periods in the system name for any endpoint brokers we recommend using the underscore (_) instead.

Be the first to reply!