Skip to main content

Hi,

I got the following error while opening K2 Studio (Run as Administrator)

Environemnt : K2 Blackpearl 4.6.9

Windows 2012

Attached is the screenshot of the error

Please advise

Thanks,

Satya

12084i8C69029D23AAFAF0.jpg
14596i11D9A9ABCEBC85F8.jpg

Hi,

Is K2 installed on a different drive from the C: ?

I believe yes, its in the E drive, go to K2Studio.exe.config, the location to the ConfigurationManager.config is incorrect and is pointing to:
managerConfigFile="C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlConfigurationConfigurationManager.config", Change it to the actual location

then go the ConfigurationManager.config

make sure that nothing is pointing to the C: drive.

Please take a backup before you go trhough the steps or open support ticket and K2 Support team will help you

This is the content of the config file K2Studio.exe.config after installation

<configuration>
<configSections>
<section name="sourcecode.configuration" type="SourceCode.Configuration.ConfigurationManager, SourceCode.Framework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d" />
</configSections>
<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0" />
</startup>
<appSettings>
<add key="HighestSupportedTargetFramework" value="4.5" />
<add key="DefaultTargetFramework" value="4.0" />
</appSettings>
<sourcecode.configuration managerConfigFile="C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlConfigurationConfigurationManager.config" productPath="E:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlBin" templateConfigFile="" />
<connectionStrings>
<add name="HostServer" connectionString="Integrated=True;IsPrimaryLogin=True;Authenticate=True;EncryptedPassword=False;Host=SATYADB;Port=5555" providerName="K2BLACKPEARL" />
</connectionStrings>
</configuration>

Replace it with this and remember to take back up before.

<configuration>
<configSections>
<section name="sourcecode.configuration" type="SourceCode.Configuration.ConfigurationManager, SourceCode.Framework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d" />
</configSections>
<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0" />
</startup>
<appSettings>
<add key="HighestSupportedTargetFramework" value="4.5" />
<add key="DefaultTargetFramework" value="4.0" />
</appSettings>
<sourcecode.configuration managerConfigFile="E:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlConfigurationConfigurationManager.config" productPath="E:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlBin" templateConfigFile="" />
<connectionStrings>
<add name="HostServer" connectionString="Integrated=True;IsPrimaryLogin=True;Authenticate=True;EncryptedPassword=False;Host=SATYADB;Port=5555" providerName="K2BLACKPEARL" />
</connectionStrings>
</configuration>

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks for replying

After posting , I noticed the same what you have pointed out . hence I changed C: to E: after taking back up of the original config file.

Now I got another error

Attached is the screenshot of the same.

14509i8111DCD4AC9FCE2E.jpg

This is expected, Please go to ConfigurationManager.config and make sure nothing is pointing to the C: Drive

Hi Mustafa, I double checked the ConfigurationManager.config file. Nothing is pointing to C:. Neither to E: too Path of ConfigurationManager.config file is : E:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlConfiguration I guess I am checking the correct file in the correct path Bin folder (E:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlBin) also has SourceCode.Workflow.Interop.dll file Thanks , Satya

Hi,

try to restart the server and then run as administrator. if this didn't help, it's better that you open a support ticket with K2.

Do you have this in the configurationManager.config

<add key="WizardsRootPath" value=""INSTALLDIR]BinDesignTemplatesSmartWizards" />?

make sure the install directory is correct

From the configurationmanager.config file , this is what I got

<propertyWizard text="K2.net 2003 Property Wizard" description="K2.net 2003 Property Wizard" makeAvailableOffline="false" minVersionRequired="4.0.0.0" type="SourceCode.Workflow.Wizards.Interop.InteropPropertyWizard" assembly=""INSTALLDIR]BinSourceCode.Workflow.Interop.dll" name="FD304E5B-4814-4803-A31D-43681865A3E5" />
<propertyWizard text="K2.net 2003 Escalation Property Wizard" description="K2.net 2003 Escalation Property Wizard" makeAvailableOffline="false" minVersionRequired="4.0.0.0" type="SourceCode.Workflow.Wizards.Interop.InteropEscalationPropertyWizard" assembly=""INSTALLDIR]BinSourceCode.Workflow.Interop.dll" name="DFA464B7-7033-455f-BD92-339268EE16A8" />
<propertyWizard text="K2.net 2003 Destination Queue Property Wizard" description="K2.net 2003 Destination Queue Property Wizard" makeAvailableOffline="false" minVersionRequired="4.0.0.0" type="SourceCode.Workflow.Wizards.Interop.InteropDestinationQueuePropertyWizard" assembly=""INSTALLDIR]BinSourceCode.Workflow.Interop.dll" name="38E44FD1-D397-4a4a-A4E9-ED529F6D3E69" />
<wizard text="Interop Wizard" description="Interop Wizard" showInToolbox="false" makeAvailableOffline="false" minVersionRequired="4.0.0.0" type="SourceCode.Workflow.Wizards.Interop.InteropWizard" assembly=""INSTALLDIR]BinSourceCode.Workflow.Interop.dll" name="ECFF585F-2F3A-4bf4-9AA2-E84742C7B745">

<add key="WizardsRootPath" value="lINSTALLDIR]BinDesignTemplatesSmartWizards" />

These are all the references to Interop dll

Note that I also restarted k2 Server. 

Nothing is helping 

Shall I remove references to K2.Net 2003 . Let me try .

Thanks ,

Satya

Hurrah , 

Issue fxed.

Solution :

Remove all references of INTEROP.dll from CONFIGURATIONMANAGER.config file

No need to restart K2 Blackpearl Server

Thanks,

Satya

Hi,

I just wanna make sure that you have backup of the configuration files

Please refer to K2 support. to know if the nodes you removed are not important and it won't affect your environment.

I have backup of 2 files

ConfigurationManager.config 

K2Studio.exe.config

But what I could not understand is I verified the ConfigurationManager.config file of K2 installed in my colleagiue's machine.

The file has references to Interop.dll (the nodes which I deleted from my ConfigurationManager.config file) , yet studio in his machine is working fine.

Thanks,

Satya

Its not required to delete the nodes.

Just replace INSTALLDIR]BIN with the path of Interop dll

Ex: E:Programfiles(x86)K2BlackpearlBin (Basically BIN folder path).

Note that this error occurs when K2 is installed in any other drive apart from C: and has been resolved in 4.6.10

Hope this post proves useful.

Thanks and Regards,

Satya