Skip to main content

I am getting following error while deploying K2 Process.

Error 12 The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

I have full access for K2 Service Account, my account, and the admin account for Sharepoitn Site.

Any help would be grately appreciated

Is this your first process your are trying to deploy?, what is your server authentication i.e. kerberos, NTML. Did you try to run k2 service in console mode and tried to find out exactly where it fails
It only happens if I do it from Vista. It works fine on XP machine.
Hey Lotus,
Appreciate if you could share how the problem was fixed..

I uninstalled Vista and installed XP...same problem :-(

The deploying works if you use the same machine where I originally deplouyed project.

If I copy the same project and solution to another machine then I get 401 access denied error while deploying.  it doesn't matter whether it is Vista or XP.

Anyone has any idea why this happens when you move the project and solution to another machine, it gives you access denied (401)?

Thank you

Hey Lotus
what is your server authentication i.e. kerberos, NTML. Run K2 server in console moder, that is the fastest way to debug at this level. Once you have k2 server in console mode, try to deploy the process. Do note down the errors it is generating.
Print screen and please upload it with your post,
Here are before and after pictures of K2 Server Console...(after deploying the process and getting 401 error)

Lotus,

Is your dev machine separate from K2 server box? And is the process you tried to deploy a SharePoint integrated process or InfoPath integrated?

In case yours is a distributed environment, on your dev machine, please try to add other servers to the trusted sites as follows:

1. From IE > Tools > Internet Options

2. Go to tab Security, select Trusted Sites and click button Sites

3. Add http://<servername> for each server box that is involved and press OK

Yes my dev box is separate from K2 Server box.

Infopath integrated process.

The deploying works from my old workstation.  I received a new workstation and copied the solution to this workstation.  I cannot deply from the new workstation.

I also added my server http://roc-sp:8081 in trusted site.

Thank you

Please open a support ticket on this issue.

I ran into this problem also. You have to make sure that the DTC services are running on the client machine and the K2 Server. I also did it on SQL since that is a different server, but am unaware if that really needed it. You then have to make the DTC settings match this on the K2 Server:

DTC

To get to the DTC settings go to Administrative Tools and Component Services. Expand the elipse and right click on My Computer.

My Computer

Then click on the Security Configuration button.

Security

Give that a try.

Hi,

Although your process is using an Infopath integration, the forms are being deployed to a Sharepoint form library right?

If so, does the user account that is deploying the process in the workstation belong to the site collection owners group as well as owners group of the actual site where the form library resides? As the forms are being added to the form lib in deploy time, that user account must have full control permissions on related moss sites...

This is a common error situation, where you get a 401 error in VS without any meaningful output in K2 console.

Don't know if it helps, but its another idea!

cheers 

icon-quote.giflotus22:

Yes my dev box is separate from K2 Server box.

Infopath integrated process.

The deploying works from my old workstation.  I received a new workstation and copied the solution to this workstation.  I cannot deply from the new workstation.

I also added my server http://roc-sp:8081 in trusted site.

Thank you

• Are you deploying from Visual Studio?
  • Did you install k2 on your new workstation?
  • Is the workstation pointed at the right K2 server?
  • Were there any errors/issues when you ran the install?
  • Is your workstation registered in the same domain as your process server?

It sounds like you're trying to deploy to K2 server from your workstation through Visual Studio, but I didn't see a confirmation anywhere in this thread that you verified performing this step...

Are you deploying from Visual Studio?  YES
Did you install k2 on your new workstation?  YES
Is the workstation pointed at the right K2 server? YES
Were there any errors/issues when you ran the install? NO
Is your workstation registered in the same domain as your process server? YES

Yes, the account is in the collection server as well.  Like I said, it works on another workstation where I originally created the workflow but not on new workstation.  I copied the whole directory of projects to new computer and ran the solution of it.  let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Guys, any help with this?

I cannot use K2 if the deployment works from one computer and not from other.  What if this other computer goes bad and how do I recover my workflow that I have spent days on?

Basically, it works on one computer and not on other.  I copied the project from Windows explorer and copied to network drive and opened in another computer.  Do I need to export the project instead, if yes then how?

I have tried everything that was mentioned in this thread but not a lucky.  I am kind of desperate to get this fixed.

any help is greatlyyyyy appreciated.