Skip to main content

Symptoms

I have created a smartobject with a decimal field, but when I try to save anything to that field i get an error. In the screenshot i run the smartobject from the smartobject tester and there i have generated the data and trying to create a post in the smartobject but get the error.
"The 'Test' property with the value '41.05' is in an incorrect format. Decimal was expected".
If I manually change the dot (.) to a comma (,) i get the error shown in screenshot 2. "Error converting data type nvarchar to numeric".

It seems to be something between the smartobject service and SQL database. How can i fix it?

Diagnoses

Anything that will change due to regional settings such as Date/time, decimal values, etc. Is changed and configured with the web.config files and the system settings of accounts

Resolution

The client changed the regional settings on the user to English. And in two web.config files that he changed from sv-SE to en-US (in the folders "K2 smartforms designer" and "K2 smartforms runtime"). And checked that the db settings where english.
Then a restart of K2 and refresh the service object and now both save and load works.

Be the first to reply!