Skip to main content

Hi,

On one of our development machines, I selected SQL User Manager during the installation. When I try to open a connection in VB.NET code in my application, I get the following error:

ClientException: Server is not configured for Windows Authentication at SourceCode.Workflow.Client.InternalConnection.Receive() at SourceCode.Workflow.Client.InternalConnection.AuthenticateSSPI(String domain, String user, String password, String secpack) at SourceCode.Workflow.Client.InternalConnection.AuthenticateWindows() at SourceCode.Workflow.Client.Connection.Open(String Server) at K2_K2Worklist.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) 

The VB.NET code should open the connection and get the worklist, but I think, from the error, that the problem is when opening a connection. The code looks like this:

Dim conn As New SourceCode.Workflow.Client.Connection()

conn.Open("localhost")

I don't get this error on a machine that has an Active Directory User Manager. How can I make it work for SQL User Manager?

Hey Bnose,

I haven't found too much with this, but I did find the following:

A previous customer got a similar error "1 Server is not configured for Windows Authentication." The resolution listed was the following --

In the process, they were setting some of their AD users as destinations. If you're using SQL UM you need to confine your destination users as such.

The context for their issue was different from yours but it may give you something to work off of. Plus there was this forum post you may want to browse if you haven't already: http://community.k2.com/t5/Previous-Products/SQLUM-Server-is-not-configured-for-windows-authentication/td-p/14415

Hi alyssa, thanks for the help.

I got it to work by adding a connection string when opening the connection, I think the solution was  connectionstring.Integrated = False.