Skip to main content

Hi all,

I'm encountering this error when trying to connect to Exchange from k2 blackpearl, the same settings work fine on a Server 2008 machine however I am trying to upgrade our system to Server 2012 R2 and am now getting this message in the event log:

61012 Exception from message source email@mydomain.com: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.EndSend(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Object& internalAsyncState, Stream& responseStream)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.InvokeAsyncCallback(IAsyncResult result)

I have checked the proxy using both netsh and inetcpl and both are set to direct access, the email integration settings are:

From address: email@mydomain.com

EWS URL: https://mailserver.mydomain.com/ews/exchange.asmx

Administrative exchange: mydomainworkflow (the service account)

Standard exchange: mydomainemail

The service account is part of the Exchange Org Admins and Domain Admins

Can provide more info if needed, grateful for any help.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Firstly is a proxy setup on this machine? Secondly can you disable the proxy and see if the error persists in the event log?

Kind regards,

Yannick

Hi Yannick, grateful for the response.

No proxy is setup on the machine, as shown below:

C:Windowssystem32>netsh winhttp show proxy

Current WinHTTP proxy settings:

Direct access (no proxy server).

inetcpl screenshot attached.

Thanks

13370iF96C628E5757F7DF.png

Hi Matt,

This is very strange, no proxy is set but yet you recieve such an error. Please would tick the "Automatically detect Settings" box and try again. Also would you please enable full logging and attach the latest K2Hostserver log file to the post. The log file can be found in C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin. Lastly have look at the following documentation on how to enable full logging:

http://help.k2.com/kb000298

The reason for the K2 logs is because i want see what errors appear on the K2 side.

Many thanks,

Yannick

Hi Yannick,

Have done as you asked and same error is occuring, here is the log file you asked for.

Thank you!

Hi Matt,

Sorry for all the questions but is this a standalone environment or a distributed one? If it is a distributed one is exchange on another server?

Kind regards,

Yannick

The K2 server is standalone, due to replace another standalone K2 server we have, the exchange server is a different server yes.

Have just reread the prerequisites and might have made an embarrassing mistake, the requirement is Exchange Management Tools SP2 or SP3, whereas I belive I may only have SP1, currently downloading SP3 to try it out.

Yannick, I appreciate your help so far and apologies if it turns out I've wasted your time.

Matt

Updating to SP3 didn't help and I've actually simplified things by using just one account as the service account and mailbox account and still the same error, I think I'm going to give up on it today as it's giving me a headache and I'm going round in circles. Will probably end up going to support about this and will post here what they say if I do.