Skip to main content

Symptoms

Error when changing Servers - An error occurred loading a configuration file

Diagnoses

In K2 Studio in the Object Browser I am selecting the drop down to change servers. After entering the new server name in the connection string I click test and the test succeeds. When I then click OK i get the following error:

The following errors occurred while connecting to the Environment Library:

An error occurred loading a configuration file: Access to the path 'C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlK2Studiosfmcipyp.tmp' is denied. (C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlK2StudioK2Studio.exe.Config)

The sfmcipyp.tmp file does not exist at this location. The object browser values do not reflect the updated server values, and when I close and re-open K2 Studio the connection is back to the original server.

This behaviour is happening on both desktops that I use. Screen shots attached.

Resolution

The error is occurring because the logged on User needs to modify connection string values in the K2 Studio config files but does not have permissions to access the K2 Installation Folders . Opening Studio with a Local Admin account works

I think that's because VS probably still uses the User Data locations to save the Configs , whereas K2 Studio uses it's own configs

Be the first to reply!