Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

At work we run a sharepoint 2007 and k2 blackperl system to run our internal documentation system.

The production system has been running for several months without majoor problems, we also have update it using the newest k2 patches about 15 days ago, but starting today (02 December 2008) we started experiencing a major fault all our work processes "blow up" with a error complaing about license number excessed and that makes absolutes no sense we have a license key for 270 users and a total of 259 licenses used, there for 11 are free.

I have open a request support ticket with k2 but since this situation is kind of desesperate, i wanted to give a change here and ask for a help.

Does anyone knows what can be causing this problem ??? a buggy license key ?? a buggy patch ??

Any help would be great people since tomorrow i will probably be killed by my users 😉

Note: the license key is permanent.

Stay well everyone

Miguel Angelo 

Hi Miguel,

The workspace license management module currently only shows "Form" licenses (i.e. users who access the K2 server. e.g. worklist access). The total number of users is calculated both from "Form" and "User" licenses. "User" licenses are calculated from users participating in the workflow.

Try this:

1. Schedule a maintenance period.  Make a backup of your K2 databases as needed.
  2. Shutdown your K2HostServer services on all K2 server nodes.
  3. Backup your _Actioners table in the K2Server database.
  4. Delete all entries in the _Actioners table.
  5. Start the K2HostServer.

This will repopulate the Actioners table, the license limit error should not happen after this (unless you are trying to route to a destination group which exceeds your 11 free licenses).

Hi,

the procedure is correct, unfortunately when I followed it on our server the number of licenses used decreased as expected, but the side effect was that all the active processes where "freezed" and all the people worklists where gone!

The processes were "active" but no one in the office was able to advance any of them because their worklists were empty. I had to manually re-start to all the processes, selecting "Go to activity"  option in the management console and selecting the last activity that need to be restarted. The only problem is that we had nearly 300 processes active and this took a lot of time because it is wasn't easy to find at which step a process was arrived.

I suggest to use this procedure only if really needed.

Ciao

Gabriele