Skip to main content

Symptoms

Emails are not sent to a Group in AD. The group is created using Datafields.

I'm trying to use an Email Event in my process flow to send an email to a Security Group. This is a BIG group of people. The Email Event has to be set up in such a way that it will be variable to the domain it's in.
I've never sent an email to group - I've assigned tasks to a group, but that is easy - you tell it the security group name and it figures out the users and email addresses in it. That doesn't work for this, at least I can't figure it out.

I'm not able to find the correct configuration to get it to send. K2 thinks it's empty. I've tried many different variations of:

In the To: field of the event (specify user checked)
K2:(domain variable)(groupName)

Diagnoses

The group looked ok and it was enabled in the Identity table. We created a test process and successfully sent an email. When she tried to do the same on QA she was getting an error "Null Address or email".

Resolution 

We re tried the instance on error state and it went thru. This usually happens when the user added to the AD group hasn't been cached.

You can wait 8 hrs for the group to get cached or use the ForceIdentity tool to cache the group.

Be the first to reply!