Skip to main content

My workflow is setup using a state machine, when the person is a certain level of leadership the state machine directs it the approval request to the appropriate person for approval. 

I am receiving the error in task: The user to assign the task to has resolved as blank text. 

The state machine has all levels of approvers needed.

When the person is a Service Leader the request should go to the Director, it is not.  I have used a people picker on the original request.

In the workflow I used Directors out of Item Properties

It is not making it to the Director.  Any clue as to what is happening? 

Workflow History

Thanks,

Suzanne

try logging to history list the value of the item property "Director" before you assign the task to see what the workflow is pulling in at that point?

Thank Cassy - I am a new user and not sure exactly how to do what you are requesting of me. 

No worries happy.png Just above the action that requests director approval add the following action:

{ItemProperty:Director} looks like that as I used "Insert Reference" button to add the item properties > director field.

Publish and run your workflow.  Just before it assigns the task to the director it will put something in the workflow history.  So look at the workflow history page (the one you have already pictured) and you will see an output like this:

hi, 

i am having similar issue with the workflow where it's unable to pick the email address. Variable is not picking any of the email addresses, i tried single line of text, person/group but coming up blank. 

any ideas please?

8190iAF2A8D5482E55F0C.png

Email is :
Lot No: 2000P12L1 Mail Screening
Approval email:

Email:
18/06/2020 12:04 Comment Error in request approval action. The user to assign the task to has resolved as blank text.