Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 5/5/2005
Time: 10:07:08 AM
User: N/A
Computer: K2MEGASRV
Description:
Error from web service :
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Exception: An exception has occurred. Unable to connect to the K2.net Server: k2megasrv
Server does not support anonymous access
at K2StartProcessWs.SharePointProcess.StartK2Process(String K2ServerName, String K2Process, String EventData, String K2ProcessesData)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I've seen some references to giving access to the anonymous user, but I'm not exactly sure what that entails.
I've already tried the following without success:
  • Given Admin and Start permissions to IUSR_K2MEGASRV via the K2.net Service Manager
    Enabled Anonymous Access via SharePoint Top-level Site Administration
    Enabled anonymous access via IIS Directory Security
Is the permissions problem with K2, SharePoint, or IIS? Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!
Nelson Robin
SI International
I found the answer buried in the K22003.chm help file. I did a search on "anonymous" and found it discussed in the User Manager topic. In there, it talks about the "Anonymous User" checkbox:
The check box property returns an Anonymous User name when you use the K2.net 2003 Service Manager Find Users function. The Anonymous User is needed if you are creating Processes that have Windows SharePoint Services integration.