Skip to main content
Just completed an installation of K2.net 2003 SP2a on a laptop running XP and restored the required databases. An error is encountered on login that simply states "an error was encountered retrieving the worklist".

When I run K2 Server in the background the following information is provided; Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.

The _setting and _stringtables were edited appropriately and I have verified the K2 server config file and it looks correct as well.

Any suggestions on where I should look for what appears to be a configuration/communciation issue?
Did you update the the columns (Name and LicenseKey) in the _server table? Updating these 2 columns should get the K2 Server running. Also, please set the 'mode' attribute to Off in the 'CustomError' node in the web.config file residing in C:Program FilesK2.net 2003K2WSWorkspace to view the detailed error.

If you are still not able to access the Workspace, try accessing the C:Program FilesK2.net 2003Bin and post the contents in the K2ErrorLog in the forum.

This could be related to a .NET Framework issue when "you try to transfer data between an application that runs on the .NET Framework 2.0 and an application that runs on the .NET Framework 1.1."

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/KB/907262

Are all K2 components in the system running on same version of the .NET Framework?