Skip to main content

I'm evaluating K2 BlackPoint to see if we can use this in our future projects. I have successfully created a K2 Process in K2 Studio but I have the following issue when I want to open the task created by the process. When I click the task in  the K2 worklist this is the error I get:

Open InfoPath Task  
     Logged in User: BLACKPOINTAdministrator 
The following error prevented the Workflow InfoPath Task to open:

Server was unable to process request. ---> List could not be found in specified site. ---> Value does not fall within the expected range. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Objectm] parameters) at SourceCode.SharePoint.WebServices.K2SPFiles.UploadDocument(String listNameOrTitle, String folderUrl, String fileName, ByteN] oByte, Boolean overWrite, String xmlMetadataFields) at SourceCode.Workflow.RuntimeServices.OpenInfoPathTask.OpenFormsServerPage(String infoPathFormData, String fileName) at SourceCode.Workflow.RuntimeServices.OpenInfoPathTask.OpenSharePointLocation(WorklistItem wli, String xmlFieldName, String libURL, Boolean openAsWebPage, String spSiteURL, Boolean isSingleInstance) at SourceCode.Workflow.RuntimeServices.OpenInfoPathTask.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) System.Objectt] ReadResponse(System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapClientMessage, System.Net.WebResponse, System.IO.Stream, Boolean)

Please contact your administrator.

The URL for the task is the following:

http://k2blackpoint:81/RuntimeServices/OpenInfoPathTask.aspx?K2Server=K2BLACKPOINT:5252&SN=3_10&XmlFN=Template1&Lib=http://k2blackpoint/Training%20Requests&OpenAsWebPage=True&SPURL=http://localhost&Single=True

When I change "OpenAsWebPage" in the url to False, the form opens but then I get an error that the form cannot access my Data Connection but at least it opens.

What could be wrong?

Hi Jonas

With the behaviour you are recieving indicate that this is a BlackPoint Beta process which is either running on a BlackPoint beta environment or on a RTM environment.

To get around this you need to update the design templates in K2 Studio and re-deploy your solution. This will resolve your issue.

Regards

Pieter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The information contained herin does not reflect the view of K2, this is my own opinion

Thanks for the reply.

I tried updating design templates in K2 studio and redeploying but I still get the same error. I'm running the trial version of K2 BlackPoint (4.9040.2.0)

Any other ideas?

This is interesting because this was reported as a bug in the beta version of blackpoint but was resolved for the RTM version so I am not sure why you are running into the issue.  You should be able to workaround this by modifying the Lib property of the URL to only have the list name (rather than the full url).

corrected URL:

http://k2blackpoint:81/RuntimeServices/OpenInfoPathTask.aspx?K2Server=K2BLACKPOINT:5252&SN=3_10&XmlFN=Template1&Lib=Training%20Requests&OpenAsWebPage=True&SPURL=http://localhost&Single=True

I hope this helps.

-Eric

Thanks for the reply Eric,

When I changed the URL my form did open, however when I try to submit it now I get the following error/warning:

The form cannot be submitted to the Web server either because your computer is offline or because the host server is currently unavailable. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

Could this be related to the url problem?

I just made the same process on the virtual environment hosted by K2 and I had no problem with it there. Maybe I need a patch?

It may be worth trying an uninstall/reinstall because the fact that you are getting the URL error is very strange and suggests that there may be an installation or version issue.  I would uninstall, delete the databases (listed below), download the latest installer from the K2.com site (just to make sure you have the most up-to-date version) and reinstall. 

Databases:

Categories
Dependencies
EnvironmentSettings
EventBus
EventBusScheduler
HostServer
K2Server
K2ServerLog
K2SQLUM
SmartBox
SmartBroker
SmartFunctions
WebDesigner

I hope this helps.

-Eric 

Strangely we're getting this error with version 4.9040.530.0. I've raised a support ticket, but haven't heard anything yet.

I will try applying 4.9040.550.0.

K2 support has replicated our issue - we experienced it on  4.9040.3.470, 4.9040.530.0 and 4.9040.550.0.

I'll keep this post updated.

This issue is caused if you deploy a workflow to an InfoPath Form Library at a subsite - rather than the root site - under certain conditions.

Quite a serious issue for us as you can imagine, and while I'm hopeful, I'm not sure I'll see a fix in these 3 days before Christmas.

Hi There, was a resolution found for this issue.  I am having nearly the exact same symptons.  The update below was the last applied to our environment

K2 blackpoint 0902 (4.9040.3.470) with Update KB000470

Hi Kez, unless K2 put included the hotfix in their latest version, you may have to request a hotfix from K2. I don't know the hotfix number, but our support ticket number was: #25207.