Skip to main content

Symptoms

Issue #1
"Inconsistency detected on Smartobject K2 Application. Service Instance 'financetest.arlaintra.net' not found..."

Issue #2 - Duplicate group provider

Diagnoses

Dyagnosis #1
I've looked into the SmartBroker.SmartObject table and filtered all SMOs where the systemname referred to "financetest_arlaintra_net".
By doing so I've seen that there were duplicates of the management SMOs. I've also confirmed in the SMO Tester tool.

I went ahead and removed all these objects from the SmartBroker.Smartobject table and reran the Registration wizard on the site and this time we actually got 1 step further, but still the very last step of the registration threw us an error that a group provider with the same name has already been registered.

Dyagnosis #1
I've looked into the HostServer.GroupProvider and indeed I've found the entry that caused the error. I've verified the URL from the init column and it turned out that the site no longer exists, it has already been deleted. The customer also confirmed that.

I've deleted the line item from the GroupProvider table and went back to register the app again on the site.
This time it worked without an error.

Resolution

Resolution #1
Deleted the incorrect Mgmt. SMO entries from the SmartBroker.Smartobject

Resolution #2
Ive' deleted the incorrect entry from the HostServer.GroupProvider table.

Be the first to reply!