Skip to main content

Hi there,

I am running the production release of blackpearl but having problems deploying my process.

I created my own Infopath integration but encountered some errors informing me that "XmlField 'Products' doesn't have an initial value and will be empty when the process starts".
I then decided to follow the Infopath tutorial contained within the BlackPearl documentation, but I get exactly the same problem.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Many thanks.

Hi Faccenda,

I've seen this come up as a warning before but it hasn't ever stopped me from continuing.  Is this showing as an error for you?  Do you have other items that are marked as errors rather than warnings that could be interfering as well?

Cheers,

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

I have since found that the deployment didn't launch due to my machine losing communication with the Workflow server. Going through the same steps on the Workflow server produced the same warnings, but successfully launced the deployment wizard.

To eliminate that warning go to you k2 object browser in Visual Studio or Visio, select your Process/ Activity datafields, then select your XML Schema.  Right mouse click and go to Edit.  On the second tab "Initial Value" is a button titled "Generate Sample XL File".  Click this and it will generate and empty schema in there for you.  The warning should disappear.

Paul

I have the same "warning" from the K2 Studio Designer when build the project. Any solution?

if I ignore it and deply the project, When add new item from MOSS, it opens up the WebForm which created in InfoPath, but when I click Submit, An error comes up, "An error occured while the form was being submitted."

Hi,

I get the same message for every InfoPath Integration - but this is a Warning.

I think it is "normal" - have anyone an other experience to this.

Anja