Skip to main content

I have an application using the K2Mng, and the Login function intermittently fails. This requires an IIS reset on the SharePoint server before K2Mng will accept a Login request again. This sometimes occurs as often as every 5mins or so. The exception is uncatchable in the code, although on occaisions (not usually) a pop up box appears in VS when debugging that says "System.ExecutionEngineException".

Any ideas of what is causing this and how it can be resolved? Thanks

Are the users attempting to login using Mng via your IIS site K2 Administrators?
Hi Mike, this system is in test so I am currently the only person using it. No idea if I am a K2 administrator or not, but since the problem is only intermittent I doubt this would be the cause.

Are you making sure to call the Logout method?  You'll want to make sure that you wrap your code around a try, catch, finally and always make sure your logging out. 

If your dilegent about logging out then we can look elsewhere.

-mike

Its not a Logout issue, that was my first suspicion and everything has been double checked.

Any further ideas on this? This system is now running on our live servers, and we are experiencing the same problem (though not as often). This is a major problem as we can't do IIS reset on the live system, though it does seem that it normally starts working again if you leave it a few hours.