Skip to main content

When I create new project or open existing K2workflow project, I got an error in VS2005.

"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory has been corrupted". How to solve it?

Is this error happening all the time or just occasionally.

Yes, all the time. I am thinking....if this is related to VS2008, cause it happens after I installed VS2008. Anyone else is having VS2005 and VS2008 in the same machine and having the same problem when open K2 BlackPearl Project in VS2005?

Oh no....I create new VM, installed VS2005 and K2 Studio, everything is fine.

But then after I installed VS2008 into it, the same error comes up. Why this happen???? Anyone else has same problem when a machine with VS2005, K2 Studio and VS2008????

I have experienced this issue after installing Visual Studio 2008 as well.  Thankfully, I don't actually NEED 2008 so I reverted my machine to a state that was before I installed it.  I would be very interested in hearing any ideas as to why this could be a problem, as i would like to have VS 2005 and 2008 running side by side.
Yes, somehow I want to run VS2005 and VS2008 side by side. But now, I can only uninstall VS2008 in my machine.

Hi Guys,

We are looking into this.  It is caused by the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 installed by VS2008.  Unfortunately, I do not think uninstalling VS2008 solves the problem at this stage.

If the framework SP1 was installed through automatic updates however, you can remove and re-install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.

Regards,

Ockert

So the problem is .NET 2.0 SP1? Seems like  .NET 2.0 SP1 is required if I install VS2008.

This is only applied to the machine with VS2005 & K2 BlackPearl Studio component? What if I install .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 into server?

And bad news, I got error when uninstall .NET framework 2.0 SP1, I follow that link from error dialog, it only shows me a page about .NET 3.0.

13156i265B6EC2D0B118FB.jpg

FYI, I found this.

Keep in mind that you will not be allowed to uninstall the .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 if you have the .NET Framework 3.0 SP1 or the .NET Framework 3.5 installed.  In that case, you need to first uninstall the .NET Framework 3.5, then uninstall the .NET Framework 3.0 SP1.  After that, you will be allowed to uninstall the .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 using its entry in Add/Remove Programs.

removed vs2008, .net 3.5, 3.0SP1, 2.0SP1, rermoved K2 designer and reinstall K2 designer. However, the error "Attempted to read or write protected memory." occur when open existing project.

Any updates on a solution of this problem ?

I'm having the exact same issue.

The strange thing is, that on my notebook with Win XP SP2, (and vs2003, 2005 and 2008), I don't have this problem.

The problem occurs on my Win 2003 server with VS2003, VS2005 and VS2008

Regards,

Nicolas

Oh? in my side, it is WinXP SP2 with VS2003, VS2005 and VS2008.
Kenlin,  Are you able to create new projects?  If I read you correctly you cannot open old projects correct?

I can create new project, but when I add a Process file, or a SmartObject the error occurs.

I can open a kprx directly, than there happens no error, it seems that the error happens when it is located in a K2 project (new or existing)

The same error occured wehn I open existing project.
And same case when adding new Process file after creating empty project.

After I read NS's message, I try to open kprx file directly, I found out that there is no error too. But.....It cannot compile, meaningless.

Hi Kenlin,

You haven't by accident found any solution to this problem ? because I'm still strugling with it.

Have you installed SP1? I have another problem after installed SP1, please read

http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/20617.aspx

http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/20546.aspx

Because of this error, I cannot view the Read or Write Protected Memory error. However, I don't think that it is solved yet, but I cannot confirm about this.