Skip to main content

Symptoms

Error after upgrade of K2

Diagnoses

Today we upgraded K2 Black pearl and installed smart form 4.6.10. Now, I was told Travel request application not working. I check the rest of forms using K2, none seems to working as the suppose to. I have restarted all sharepoint server and sqlservers and still getting errors. SharePoint sites are up and functioning but not application we are using k2.

An Infopath form was erring with:
Type: DataAdapterException
Exception Message: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. Server was unable to process request. --> Exception of type 'SourceCode.Smartobjects.Client.SmartObjectException' was thrown. The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

When executing this Smartobject from the Tester Tool, it was erring with:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Resolution

We discovered that the K2 for Sharepoint components had not been upgraded on the multiple Sharepoint servers. After upgrading the components on each of the Sharepoint server by running the K2 blackpearl installation files, running the "K2 for Sharepoint Configuration Wizard" to upgrade the solutions, and reactivating the K2 features to the Site Collection the smartobject is now executing successfully and Infopath is working as expected.

Be the first to reply!