Skip to main content

I'm surprised there weren't already any threads discussing this yet, except for this one which I cannot read:

http://k2underground.com/forums/23910/ShowThread.aspx#23910

This is an error that happens quite frequently (for me) when I try to deploy a Process. Usually, the "solution" recommended by the last line of the error works:

"Use the 'Synchronize' button in the SmartObject Associations Properties Wizard' of the Process Designer to resolve the conflict."

Maybe this is considered a "feature" since the error message is so detailed and recommends the fix action to work around it - almost as if the 'Synchronize' button was created just to handle this one single error. However, I finally found a case where Synchronizing the SmartObjects did not resolve the problem, and I was initially stumped. I eventually got around the problem by changing the Activity title, Synchronizing again, and deploying. But essentially this means I am having to work around a flaw to keep deployment happy. If I use something I better get it right the first time (or use dummy titles, until I'm sure I have what I want), because if I delete a process and/or re-use a title I might not be able to deploy it that way. Seems very development un-friendly to me.

Does anyone have any insight on what Blackpearl (0803) is doing behind the scenes that causes this error in the first place? It seems like the deploy process should keep these things cleaned up by itself rather than having to click a 'Synchronize' button every time I re-use certain working in my Activity titles. And is there anything that can be done when the Synchronize button doesn't work (other than having to change all offending titles / names in the Process)?

I'm thinking this is a bug and not a feature. Anyone else see this issue very often? Thanks in advance,
Andrew

Yeah, I've been seeing this behavior quite a bit myself, though it never actually stopped me from deploying after I did the synchronize.  It is annoying, yes, but hasn't made it so I can't continue so I never investigated it further.  I would certainly love to hear an explanation
Thanks for the reply - glad to know it wasn't just me. Usually, synchronize works for me too, but in this last case I actually had to rename the Activity and synchronize to clear the error. I mentioned it in the context of a different support ticket I had open and got a response that it had been added as an "enhancement request" for a future release. I agree though - I think it would be really educational to understand what's causing it underneath the hood.