Skip to main content

Hi! I am trying to deploy a package containing smartforms and smartobjects from a co-worker to my machine but when i click on the Deploy Package on the K2 Package and Deployment app i get the following error:

1058 SourceCode.Deployment.Runtime.DeploymentServer not hosted!

System.Exception: 1058 SourceCode.Deployment.Runtime.DeploymentServer not hosted!
at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.RemoteCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Objectc] Parameters, Booleana] NullList, MarshalMessageType CallType)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPI.RemoteCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Objectc] Parameters, Booleana] NullList, MarshalMessageType CallType)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPI.RemoteSessionCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Objectc] Parameters)
at SourceCode.Deployment.Management.PackageDeploymentManager.ValidateUserRights()
at SourceCode.Management.SnapIns.K2Management.K2ServerFarm.DeployPackage(String packageFile)

I chekced that the k2 services are running, restarted the server, also i tried reparing k2 black pearl and i still get the same issue. I am currently running Blackpearl 4.6.9 as anyone else run in to this issue?

Thanks!

Hello,

This error seems to occur when either parts of the P&D tool were not installed correctly or the environment you are deploying to does not have the proper P&D components installed. I would suggest removing, reinstalling and do a reconfigure if you can confirm it is installed on your environment. Or install P&D if you find it is not actually on your environment.

-Evan

1.  Are you able to do Package and Deployment using the tool on the server?

2.  If it is only occurring on a client machine, does the client tools version match the K2 server version?

3.  Are you perhaps able to use "telnet servername 5555" to test if you can establish a TCP connection from the client machine to the K2 server?

Thanks for the replys Evan and tin,

Evan, the P&D tool is intalled on the machine and it worked a couple of weeks ago the only thing that change between then and now was windows updates. I tried reparing black pearl but the issue continues. i thought maybe i should remove the updates but i was hoping for a different solution. 

tin, I am currently tring to run the tool on the server, and both machines have the same versions of k2 server.

I think i am gona try removing black pearl and reinstalling it, i dont know what could have cause the issue but at this point i think it would be faster to reinstall blackpearl 

Thansk again

cesar