Skip to main content

Good day experts,

We have a situation where we have to write the detail in the project detail pages away on a monthly basis to create history on the project status.  How will I be able to use the project or workflow 2010 workflows to read the project detail page for a specific page for a specific project?

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Francois

Good day,

I found away around this.  I managed to fix this with a SQL query and updating a table with an update query.

Here is some pointers.

1. Retrieve the Event detail and save the Project GUID and Project Name

2.The SQL Query - I had to use a trusted SQL connection

Server=<SharePoint DB Server>;Database=<Reporting DB for EPM implementation>;Trusted_Connection=True;

I maintained an authorised user with DomainUsername and password and then build the query something like this

Select CORRECT_ANSWERS get_ent.sh one_id teswt_out From MSP_EPMProject_Userview Where ProjectUID='{WorkflowVariable:ProjectGUID}'

Save the fields from the query to variables.

3.Update Item Query

I also did something similar for a WBS Element.  We have a naming convention and on every new project I read one of the project detail page fields via Step 2 above and read the next number and assign a new WBS element.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Francois

Good day Imen,

We have Nintex Project Server as well.  Do you ahve this?    It allows you to pick-up any events regarding EPM, i.e. if a new project is created.  Here is a few screenshots of where to find it

193332_pastedImage_1.png

and an example of how it looks

193333_pastedImage_2.png

This is what I meant with the Event detail.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Kind Regards,