Skip to main content

Symptoms

I am starting a process instance using K2 workspace with 8 input parameters (data items). After completing all the data items and starting the process the process fails. After looking at the data of the process I find that everything from parameter 4 onwards is now empty and this is not being set inside of the process itself.

On further inspection of the input data, I have noticed that the fourth parameter contains an "and" in the data. This results in the data being wiped from parameter 4 all the way through the rest of the parameters. Removing the "and" from the data allows the process to work correctly and the data is preserved as it should be.

The "and" is important in this data so I cannot just remove it, there needs to be a fix made that allows the "and" to be part of the data.

The "and" is not a problem if you pass variables around inside of the workflow itself, just on the data entry screens of workspace.

Diagnoses

This is a bug with Workspace and starting workflows from here. Any data fields which have been populated from the Workflow Server which have the and character will cause it and all data fields after to be empty.

Resolution

There are a couple of ways to workaround the issue.

_1: Create a Smartform to pass the values into the workflow and start it.

_2: Use a default value if there is no need to be able to input the Data Field.

Be the first to reply!