Skip to main content

Hello, 

We use InfoPath 2003 with K2.net 2003 SP4.

We have the following problem:

1. I redirected some items from user A to user B with K2 Service Manager (via Manage worklist)
  2. When user B opens his worklist, there are no items in it. It is totally empty! Other worklist items that appeared in the list before I redirected in step 1, are also gone!
  3. The "disappeared" items are still trackable via Search and Report in the workspace. When I go to its details, the Destination User is correct (user 😎.

Is this a known problem of bug? We quickly need a workaround for this, because this is important for our management! We can't permit us worklist items are lost!

Thank in advance!

Regards,
Jorgen

Does user B have his out of office turned on perhaps?

Thx for your answer.  No he hasn't.

But I think I found the cause of this problem.

This is wat happened: I redirected about 30 items from User A to User B. After that, there resided about 102 items in the worklist 'All' of User B. When User B opened his worklist, it was empty, with the message: "No Worklist Items are available for this View."

After doing some tracing on the K2 Server, everything seemed all right ("102 worklist items loaded...").
Now I found out that the K2 Worklist has a problem loading 'large' worklists, this is a worklist with more then +/- 80 items in it!
I changed the Workspace settings, setting 'Items per page' to 100, but still no luck.
A quick workaround was to 'divide' the worklist of User B into seperate views (setting different filters). This reduced the amount of items per view.

It's a solution after all, but not very obvious for future maintenance and so on...

Is this a known problem? Or is there a better solution for this?

The number of items K2 can support in a user's worklist largely comes down to how much process data you are storing in things like data fields, xml fields, etc. I have seen clients who have had 2+ MB stored in each process and they would experience similar issues with an inability to display their worklist, but if the process was designed per best practice recommendations, then 100+ worklist items shouldn't be a problem for K2. 

What do you store in your process data? One option is to enable data on demand for your larger data items within your process definition which can help with things some, but really, the best fix is to keep your process data size as small as possible, which usually means storing most information outside of your process (such as in a separate database). One of the most common causes of high process data consumption is infopath forms which support file attachments.

One of my co-workers and fellow Insiders, Jason Apergis, has a blog post about performance/best practices with K2.net 2003 and while it doesn't focus on your issue in particular, it does have some info on data on demand and process data.

http://k2distillery.blogspot.com/2007/09/process-sizing-and-performance-best.html

Hope that helps.

We have run into the same issue where user has several hundreds worklists, it'll occur also with the K2ROM API.

We haven't had the issue since we changed XML Data field to Data on Demand.