Skip to main content

Symptoms

I'm having a problem with a K2 workflow. The workflow has been functioning properly for months but recently it started behaving strangely. I have an email event at the end of the workflow and this event should always send out email, but recently has started doing so only intermittently. K2 doesn't return any errors and the rest of the process runs without a problem.

I thought it was a problem with our SMTP server, but the logs don't even show that a message was processed in some cases. Some users always get their notification email, some never get it, and as far as we can tell, K2 never even tries to send the mail. I've looked through the K2 logs and there doesn't seem to be anything indicating an error. I've looked through the Windows Event Viewer and there's nothing useful there, either. I've tried recompiling and redeploying the workflow but that didn't help.

Diagnoses

The workflow doesn’t send email because the line rule from prior activity does not evaluate to true for that particular instance.

Resolution

Corrected the data issue, the process started to send email as expected.

Be the first to reply!