Skip to main content

Dear Reader,

I have K2 BlackPearl 4.6.6 and SmartForms 1.0.3 in my environment.

In my environment K2 Event notifications are working fine. However Email events are not working and are failing witht he following error:

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Please navigate to K2 Workspace > Management > (Server) > Workflow Server > Processes > (your process) > String Table.

How does the 'Mail Server' variable look?  If it looks incorrect please try changing it and testing with a new process instance.  Some format include:

- mail.denallix.com

- mail.denallix.com:25 ** replace with different port if your environment is not using 25

If this resolves the issue, you will need to also change the K2 Workspace > Management > (Server) > Environment Library > Templates > Default Templates > Environments >

The values here is used during design time and then is copy to the process as the string table to be used during runtime.

Another place you can look is the ConnectionStringEditorTool located at C:Program Files(x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin directory to see if SMTP connection string looks correct.  If not correct and needs to be changed please run the tool as the K2 service account as it will need access to save the changes to the database.  A K2 service restart is also needed.