Skip to main content

Symptoms

I have a simple K2 process which works, but for which I now cannot add new email events which successfully send email.

When I try to add a new email event, and select "Advanced Settings", the wizard page which allows me to select the SMTP Server is missing (see upload), and the email event fails with this error: "There is now connection string for the destination email address..."

The old email event in the same process does display that wizard page, and does execute correctly. If I copy that older email event, and put it elsewhere in the process, it also executes correctly.

This happens in K2 for Visual Studio and K2 Studio.

Diagnoses

The wizard that you are looking for has been removed from the Email event since the release of 4.6.5. Please see item _2 under Upgrade section in the following KB, http://help.k2.com/KB001385_.
For the email event issue, the smtp connection strings were set to use host name which is unresolvable when using ping command.
For the client event email issue, the issue was causes by missing the following node in the K2 HostServer.exe.config.
-

Resolution

Changing smtp host name to ip address in the smtp connection strings and adding “” into the K2HostSever.exe.config resolved the issue.

Be the first to reply!