Skip to main content

Hi,

I am writing this after a long time. My workflow with K2 and Infopath form is working great and it is ready to move to production. So far what we did is, created the K2 workflow with InfoPath form. First Initiator create a request and approval. In our system, we have a different stages of approvals. I would say almost 10-15 approvels. So, when first approver approvers (1 or more approvers),it will go to 2nd and then go to 3rd, etc. Once each approver completed thier approvels, system will send a email to next person in the approval list.

Now i have another requirement. Because the approval is sequential, it may get delayed if any one person is on vaccation. Every manger has Balckberry with them, so when they received email on their balckberry. They should able to approve or reject the request.

we want to implement this as simple as possible. for that we are thinking, We look specific directory with specific keyword, say approve or reject. Then pass this information to K2 Workflow to perform the action behalf of user.

How to implement this? I am looking for sugesstions on this requirement. I am litterly in a dark room and even small light is helpful.

Please thorow some ideas.

Thanks 

That is doable I think, but could be tricky.

First off, when people are on vacation, they may ignore work e-mails.  I know I sometimes do... my employment agreement says I get vacation, not "sort of vacation as long as you have your smartphone with you to answer work related calls and e-mails."  I'm sure some of your folks feel the same.

As such, it may be better from a process perspective to set up an escalation system if things get ignored... or train system users to use the "out of office" feature of K2 to set up a proxy for them while they're gone.

If it *must* be them who makes the decision, I'd more likely recommend setting up an escalation using a Goto Activity escalation, and have a Default Event pointing to a custom web site, where they can click on a button to submit their response.

Most modern phones can go to full web pages.

Here are a couple of ideas to get you started:

Do your blackberries have VPN access so they can do Windows authentication?  If so, you could use an ASPX page just like they do from their desk (except fromatted for the smaller screen).

Have you heard about email-enabled SharePoint lists?  You can configure a SharePoint list or library to have an email address and whenever an email is sent to it, the message will be added to the library.  Thenyou can configure a workflow to start whenever an item is added to a library.

Hello:

Are you able to find the ways to get approval via outlook?  I'm having the same problems.  Need help!!