Skip to main content

I am trying to design a Workflow where Number of Slot for destination users will be dynamic. Users for each of these slots will be dynamic as well.  Consider Following Scenario

Approval Task
Number of Slots - 1 to N
Users for Slot 1 - user1; user2; user3
Users for Slot 2 - user1; user3, user5; user6
Users for Slot N - user4; user5; user6

Approval is required by any 1 person from each slot. Please let me know how we can configure this Workflow Task destination users to implement the above mentioned scenario

Note: The users mentioned the above slot are NOT K2 role or Group based and they are actual users from AD.

Looking at the Advanced Destination options available, "Create a slot for each role or group" comes the closest but it looks like you already know about that option and commented that they are not K2 role or group based and yet the slots required are unknown at design time.

Could you tell us a bit more about the scenario so maybe some workarounds might become apparent.

Thanks Tim for your reply.

My Workflow has an Approval Task. The number of Approvals and Stakeholder (Slot and Destination User) vary based on LOB.

For LOB1, there could be three approvals required. But for LOB2 we need four approvals. Therefore for LOB1 we will have 3 slots and for LOB2 we will have 4 slots. For each of these Slots there will be list of Active Directory Users. Approval is required by any 1 user from each slot.

Another requirement for this task is Plan Per Destination Settings needs to be set to All at once and cannot be set to one at a Time.

Please let me know if we can have a workaround for this implementation.

Hello,

please let me know if you need further inputs/details about this scenario. Let me know if we can have this scenario implemented in K2 with any workaround.

I'm coming up blank on how to solve this scenario given what you've said through the user interface.  The dynamic number of Slots while at the same time only requiring 1 approval per LOB is what I see as being the problem.   You might want to look at the code in the destination rule and see if potentially you could modify the code to meet your scenario for this activity.  Adding some break points and stepping through the code in a test process on your dev server should help you figure out what K2 is doing behind the scenes.

You might also want to submit a support ticket with K2 as its possible there is an option or another workaround that I'm not aware of.

Thanks Tim.

I will create a support ticket for this.

Hi,

Please share the solution of setting dynamic slots and approve because I am also stuck into at the same point.

Thanks

Dear Rahul,

If I have understood the request correctly

you'll have to pass delimitered string (users) to the destination rule and use split function

for example I have a field named Users has (user1;user2;user3)

in the destination rule we use the split inline function, should look like this Split(Users,;)

the general syntax of the split function Split(Text, Seperator)

wish it helps

Thank you Mustafa for yous reply,

Your logic work if number of slot is fixed, but In my case No. of slots is dynamic.

For example: As mention by @pjagushte, Consider the scenario where

Number of Slots - 1 to N
Users for Slot 1 - user1; user2; user3
Users for Slot 2 - user1; user3, user5; user6
Users for Slot N - user4; user5; user6

Approval is required by any 1 person from each slot.

How to configue that ?

Thanks