Skip to main content
I want to be able to utilize the "Create single activity instance for Queue" so that an activity can be assigned to multiple people but once opened by one person they become responsible.

The destination queues seem like they do just that but this application will be used by hundreds of users so it is unrealistic to maintain the Destination Queues within the processes themselves. It will be the role of our custom UI to allow a manager to select from a list of users that they can send the activity to. So can I edit the destination code to dynamically create a destination queue and apply the "create single activity"? Or is there a different way to accomplish the same thing?
You probably want to store the list of users the custom UI provided to the mgr and in the destination code, directly assign to those users (assuming this is a very small list like 3-5 people). This will not be single activity instance.

The point for "Create single activity instance for Queue" is to save the database having to replicate the workitem for each person assigned.

Without "Create single activity instance for Queue", you can still achieve the same that once opened by one person they become responsible.

As far as I know you can not build your dynamic destination queues.